Hardwood Flooring in Gilroy, CA
Bold and enduring, hardwood flooring adds natural beauty and endless endurance to your interiors. If you’re looking for hardwood flooring near you in Gilroy, CA, visit Floors Direct Carpet One Floor & Home! We’re your regional hardwood experts and we provide a trending and timeless selection of solid and engineered hardwoods.
A new floor can be the ultimate home enhancement! Here are some things to consider as you shop for your hardwood flooring.
The Benefits of Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood flooring is a timeless look for any home
Benefits of Hardwood Floors
- Adding hardwoods will also add value to your home!
- Hardwoods can be refinished multiple times to keep up with the newest trends and remain timeless in any interior design.
- Hardwoods are an excellent flooring option for those with allergies.
- Modern hardwood comes in thousands of options, suitable for nearly any type of style or setting.
- Hardwood can be classical, traditional, or modern.
- Choose from a wide array of finishes, stains, and textures.
- Hardwood floors can come in a variety of patterns, planks sizes, widths, and lengths.
What Are The Different Types of Hardwood Species?
Hardwood flooring is sourced from many different traditional and exotic tree species. One thing to bear in mind is that each species is unique in hardness levels and abilities.
Traditional Hardwood Species
Specialty Hardwood Species
What Are The Different Types of Hardwood?
There are two main hardwood constructions available, specifically Solid Hardwood and Engineered Hardwood. While both offer an array of benefits, it is a good idea to consider your lifestyle, interior design, and your needs.
Solid Hardwood Flooring
- Solid hardwood is made from genuine strips of natural wood and nothing else. As a result, solid hardwood planks are thick enough to be refinished multiple times.
- Hardwood refinishing involves sanding the wood’s surface and then reapplying the finish and stain for long-lasting looks and protection.
- Solid Hardwoods are a timeless addition to any interior, offering a large ROI.
Engineered Hardwood Flooring
- Engineered wood options are made from three to seven layers of natural wood. Given this construction, engineered hardwood is more dimensionally stable than solid hardwood.
- Engineered hardwood comes in a waterproof option, and it is better suited for higher foot traffic, moisture, and fluctuating temperatures.
- Unlike solid hardwood, engineered planks can be installed below grade.
Where to Install Your Hardwood Flooring
Not only do we offer a great selection of hardwood, but we’ll also help you install it. We work only with experienced wood installers who know exactly how to install hardwood floors, and we’ll be sure to stand by your side throughout the entire process.
Hardwood Installation Areas
- Living Areas
- Hallways & Stairs
- Finished Basements (Engineered only)
How is hardwood flooring installed?
- Most hardwood options can be nailed or glued to the subfloor for a permanent installation.
- There are hardwood floors that feature a click installation.
- With this installation, the hardwood planks will attach and remain on the subfloor without adhesive.
Shop Hardwood Flooring Near You - Floors Direct Carpet One
Floors Direct Carpet One Floor & Home is proud to be affiliated with Carpet One Floor & Home. As independently owned and operated members of the world’s largest flooring cooperative, we feature an incredible selection of the latest hardwood flooring products, friendly services, and competitive pricing. Ready to invest in your floors? Visit our showroom at 8585 Monterey Road in Gilroy, CA, or browse our online hardwood flooring selection today!